Classic massage, the main types and benefits of traditional techniques
Classic massage is one of the most effective procedures for improving the whole body. Massage technique in combination with a professional approach, it not only heals the body, but also acts as a prevention of certain diseases. To achieve a positive result, you need to take into account some features physiotherapeutic method.
The main features and the effect of techniques of classical massage
Classic massage is a General health complex of exercises aimed at improving the patient's well-being. Manual massage of the body surface has the following range of actions:
- relieves swelling and pain;
- normalizes muscle tone;
- improves the performance of the musculoskeletal system;
- accelerates the recovery of injured tissues;
- removes substances that can cause a General toxic effect;
- normalizes blood circulation;
- affects weight loss;
- has a positive effect on the nervous system;
- stimulates lymph flow;
- has a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
Features to consider before performing the procedure:
- examination by a doctor in order to exclude contraindications;
- awareness of the masseur about all diseases and the tendency to allergies;
- massage not earlier than 1.5 hours after a meal;
- monitoring the patient's well-being during the procedure.
The frequency of manual body treatment techniques is determined on an individual basis. As a rule, the procedure is repeated every other day.
Basic and additional techniques used in classical massage techniques
Traditional massage includes a technique based on alternating use of basic techniques during the session:
- Stroke. It is carried out in the course of blood flow slowly and rhythmically. The pressure force is lowest in the areas of bone protrusions, and highest in areas with a large amount of fat. This technique starts and ends the massage session.
- Friction. A more energetic technique performed in a circular, zigzag, spiral, longitudinal, or transverse manner. It is carried out both in the course and against the movement of blood and lymph.
- Petrissage. The technique consists in gripping, stretching, squeezing and pulling the tissues. There are intermittent and continuous kneading.
- Vibration. The technique is based on oscillating movements with painless pressure.
The main rule of these techniques is to maximize muscle relaxation of the massaged area of the body.
The technique used by specialists for traditional massage
Classic massage provides four ways of conducting:
- Manual (manual). The masseur uses his own hands, which makes it possible to feel the state of the tissues.
- Hardware. Special devices are used.
- Combined. It is based on a combination of manual and hardware methods. Significantly reduces the time for a single session.
- Pedal. Held with your feet. Relevant if the manual method is ineffective.
Для достижения оздоровительного эффекта и исключения осложнений важно обращаться только к опытным специалистам.